Mark is fully aware of the stresses facing clients involved in litigation, and he ensures that his clients know what they can expect and are fully prepared. He has a reputation as a tenacious and practical litigator.
Mark is the firm’s Senior and Managing Partner and joined Bromleys in 2007, bringing with him 20 years of experience, acting on behalf of businesses and individuals.
Mark is used to working with different methods of funding. He is experienced in existing legal expenses insurance, contingency and conditional fee agreements, as well as the more traditional fee structures.
His areas of expertise are:-
- Property litigation
- Contract disputes
- Professional negligence claims against accountants, solicitors and surveyors
- Liquidations, bankruptcy and insolvency issues
- Contentious and disputed wills
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Trusts and pension fund litigation
- Commercial disputes
- Building disputes
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Debt collection and credit control
Mark has worked with employers and employees over the years and understands the importance of good relations between them, the role that the law has to play in this, and also when relationships break down between employers and employees how each party can ensure that they achieve a fair outcome.
For both employers and employees, Mark has extensive experience in:
- Drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Redundancy procedures and the consultation process
- Options available to parties short of termination of employment
- Unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and breach of contract
- Constructive dismissal claims
- Discrimination claims
- Health & Safety and work policies
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
Mark is head of the Personal Injury Department and a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Mark deals with the following types of cases:
- Injuries arising from road accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Industrial disease claims
- Claims against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB)
- Claims arising from criminal assault and incidents (CICA claims)
- Injuries of the utmost severity and serious injuries with long-lasting consequences
Mark’s focus is to ensure that his clients receive prompt, expert and cost-effective advice so that they know where they stand, have a clear idea of where they are going, and are realistic about what they hope to achieve.
Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Liquidation
Mark advises on most aspects of corporate and personal insolvency, including:
- Preferences and transactions at an undervalue
- Director’s Disqualification actions
- Claims arising from failure to supervise IVA’s
- Administrators claims
- Trustee in bankruptcy claims
- Annulments and setting aside bankruptcy orders
Very often it is the pragmatic approach that is required to achieve a speedy resolution to such disputes.
Get in touch with Mark Hirst on 0161 330 6821 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org