Nicholas is a partner in Bromleys and manages the Family & Divorce Team. Nicholas has practised family law and employment law in Tameside for over 20 years. He qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and joined the firm in 2002. He is also a partner in the Employment Team.
Nicholas is recognised locally as being an expert in both family law (specialising in individuals with high net worth) and employment law.
Nicholas has acted on behalf of people from all walks of life. He is very conscious that the end of a relationship can have an effect on the surrounding family members, as well as parties involved. He also understands that some people find a great deal of comfort in making sure they clarify respective legal arrangements at the outset of a relationship. Nicholas specialises in all financial aspects of relationship breakdown, including:
- Divorces and the breakdown of relationships
- Unmarried and cohabiting couples
- Prenuptial agreements
- Financial and property disputes
- Children and contact disputes
- Civil partnership breakdowns
- Injunctions involving domestic violence
- Protection and preservation of business interests
Nicholas is a member of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme and also a member of Resolution, and is a Resolution trained collaborative lawyer. He is also a trained mediator and able to offer an alternative to the traditional adversarial court-based system for settlement of disputes through either mediation, or collaborative law.
Nicholas has extensive experience in advising both employers and employees regarding their rights, and in particular bringing or resisting claims after an employee has left employment. He is experienced in:
- Claims for unfair, wrongful and constructive dismissal
- Redundancy procedures and redundancy payments
- Compromise agreements
- Claims for harassment and bullying
- Provision of references
- Discrimination claims
- Drafting contracts of employment and staff handbooks
Get in touch with Nicholas Clough on 0161 330 6821 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
or to contact out of hours, please call 07785 531221