• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Or call 0161 330 6821

Child Arrangement Disputes

If you are a separated or divorced parent who is unable to reach an agreement with your ex-partner over who the children will live with and when and how they will spend time with the other parent or someone else, or any other arrangements for your children, then our team is on hand to assist. We understand that you want what is best for your children.

As expert children dispute solicitors, our legal team will help you work out the best way to reach a resolution for your family. That might involve you in drawing up a parenting agreement, talking in family mediation or applying to court for a child arrangement order.

Our family law solicitors are committed to providing the calm, professional children law advice to help you and your children find solutions that work for your family.

To find out about how we can help, call us on 0161 330 6821, fill in our online form or email bromleys@bromleys.co.uk and we’ll call you back.

Get in touch


Private Children Law Solicitors

Our experienced family law solicitors can help you with:

  • Holiday orders – if the other parent objects to taking your child on holiday abroad and you are not the named primary carer in a child arrangement order
  • Relocation orders – if you want to take your child overseas to live or if you want to object to your child moving from the UK with your ex-partner
  • Child abduction advice – if you are concerned your child will be taken out of the UK by their other parent and without your agreement or a court order
  • Specific issue orders – if there is a dispute over a parenting issue, such as whether your child is vaccinated or is brought up following a specific religious faith
  • Prohibited steps orders – to stop a parent from exercising their parental responsibility in a particular way
  • Special guardianship orders – used when a child is unable to live with one of their birth parents but adoption is not appropriate
  • Grandparent rights and contact
  • Step-parent rights and contact

Getting the private children law legal advice you need

We understand that it can be tempting to agree to your ex-partner’s demands for additional contact, even when you do not think extra contact, or a shared parenting regime is in your child’s best interests. We also appreciate how upsetting it can be to be told that you cannot see your child.

How we can help you

At Bromleys, our specialist family lawyers will provide expert opinion on your legal rights, as well as pragmatic advice on how to resolve your private children law dispute. That plan may come about through solicitor negotiations, family mediation or by representing you in a child arrangement order or other private children law court application.

To discuss how we can help you contact us today.

  • Parental Responsibility Orders – to give you parental responsibility i.e. certain rights and responsibilities in respect of the child to which it relates
  • Declaration of Parentage – Used to add, remove, or correct a child’s birth certificate and to resolve issues or disputes around the legal parentage of a child
  • Children law financial and property claims under Schedule 1 of the Children Act
  • Enforcement of children law orders if your ex-partner breaches the order or you are accused of not complying with the court order
  • Variation of children law orders if the current child arrangement order no longer meets the needs of your children. For example, because the children want to move to live with you or because the current contact arrangements will not work after a planned job and house move

To discuss how we can help you contact us today.

Contact us

To find out about how we can help you call us on  0161 330 6821 or fill in our online form or email bromleys@bromleys.co.uk and we’ll call you back.

We offer many fixed-fee family services and transparent pricing. When you book a consultation we can provide you with a quote.

We are located in Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester but we can assist wherever you are based.


© Bromleys Solicitors LLP 2019

Full Legal Information

Maintained by Brew