How can I fund my Personal Injury Claim

Personal Injury Lawyers

There are several different ways of funding a claim for personal injury.

Most Solicitors will retain a client under a Conditional Fee Agreement (“CFA”), also commonly known as a “No-win-no-fee-agreement”.  Under a CFA, you will not pay your solicitor any fees until you win your claim. Upon settlement, your costs for bringing the claim will be recovered from your opponent.    You will have deducted from your damages a “success fee” which is capped at 25% of your damages, and is dependent upon the amount of work that has been undertaken on your claim.  The success fee reflects a number of factors, including the fact that your solicitor takes a risk when taking the case on that ultimately the case will not be successful.

Another way of funding is through a “legal expense insurance policy”.  This type of policy is often included in your home insurance or motor policies. You should make enquiries with your insurance provider to see whether you have this cover.

Additionally, if you are a member of a trade union or a trade association, you will often have the benefit of free legal advice as part of your membership . As with legal expense insurance, it is always advisable to speak to your union who can then direct you to an appropriate solicitor. You can chose to instruct a solicitor of your choosing as opposed to a panel solicitor.

How we can help

To find out how we can assist, contact our experts on our dedicated Personal Injury helpline 0161 694 4176 for a free initial telephone discussion or fill in our online form. Alternatively, you can email us on and we’ll call you back.