Rachael is an Associate solicitor splitting her time between the Employment and Dispute Litigation Resolution Team.
Rachael undertook her training with Bromleys gaining experience in all of the departments here. Upon qualification, she realised that she enjoyed more contentious practices and is therefore providing valuable support to the these departments.
Prior to joining Bromleys, Rachael undertook one year of work as a paralegal working in a Manchester City Centre practice undertaking exclusively, employment cases. Rachael has a keen interest and deep knowledge of the ever-changing area of Employment Law and to date has been involved in the following areas:-
- TUPE transfers, both from the commercial transfer point of view and disputes arising from transfers;
- Discrimination claims; on the grounds of sex, disability, race and age;
- Wrongful claims and unfair dismissal claims, both claiming and defending;
- Drafting and advising upon Settlement Agreements for both employers and employees;
- Drafting contracts of employment, staff handbooks and employment practices;
- Advising upon HR matters;
- Advising upon internal disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Enforcing of restrictive covenants.
Rachael works closely with the head of litigation, Mark Hirst, and has experience in the following areas:
- Injuries arising from road traffic accidents, accidents at work, public liability claims and Criminal Injury Compensation Authority claims;
- Advising upon Conditional Fee Agreements and Damages Based Agreements, and claims funded by Before The Event insurance policies and After the Event insurance policies
- Debt collection and credit control;
- Contractual disputes; Commercial disputes;
- Neighbour disputes;
- Disputes between landlords and tenants, acting for both parties;
- Professional negligence claims; and
- Advising upon bankruptcy and insolvency and disputes arising from these.
In 2016, Rachael became a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
Rachael works closely with Managing Partner Mark Hirst who heads up the Employment and Litigation teams and also assists Partner Paul Westwell who is the head of Corporate & Commercial Services team.
Take a look at our Testimonials from our clients.