Blue Monday usually falls on the third Monday in January when the financial pressures of Christmas rear their ugly heads, the weather’s not great, we’ve gained extra pounds over the Christmas period and other factors come into play such as the average hours of daylight and the number of days until the next bank holiday but we won’t go on!
We thought we’d treat all our staff who are working in the office (adhering to government guidelines) to a spot of free lunch from Williams Deli in Ashton-under-Lyne and run an internal competition asking staff to come up with the most songs with the word ‘Monday’ in the title/lyrics which was enjoyed by all those taking part.
Here are a few songs that were put forward, can you think of anymore?
- Blue Monday – New Order
- Manic Monday – Bangles/Prince
- Friday I’m in love – The Cure
- Monday Monday – Mamas & Papas
- New Moon on Monday – Duran Duran
- Blue Monday – Fats Domino
- I don’t like Monday – Boomtown Rats
- Monday Storm (or Stormy Monday) – the Allman Brothers
- Monday Morning – Fleetwood mac
- Rainy Days and Mondays – Carpenters
- 7 Days – Craig David
- The Diary of Horace Wimp – Elo
- Saturday Love – Shorelle